Monday, September 28, 2009

What I think of chapters 1,2,3

Hello family - I actually figured this out, so Hans, you don't have to post my entry.

I have actually read the whole book already and found a lot of Andy's teaching applicable to help me in my decision making on all levels of life going forward. I feel that the first few chapters give a nice background on what the principle is. Very basic and sort of common sense, but as you keep reading you will find more depth to the Principe of the Path. I reread the first 3 chapters and have taken some time to think back over some major decisions that I have made in my life... career, relational, spiritual... and I know some of them could have turned out very differently if I would have asked more questions with wiser people and prayed fervently about what I should do before making the decision. I also do believe God is sovereign and knew that I was going to make those decisions and knew the outcome and is very forgiving - thankfully! When I think back on bad decisions I have made, I try to think of those outcomes as learning experiences and have strived to make better decisions in those areas going forward. I am so thankful to have so many wise people in the Robertson family (aunts and uncles - AND cousins!) to go to for counsel. I think I am jumping ahead a little, so I will stop here. Hope to see more posts on the blog. Thanks again Hans for setting this up.

2 comments:

Hans Schiefelbein said...

Good stuff Jennie. You read the whole book already?!? Fast reader. Thanks for sharing.

Heather Haas said...

I love you Jennie!